Update in Nephrology & Hypertension 2017
April 22, 2017 | Omni Jacksonville, Downtown Jacksonville, FL
Lecture topics include:
- Nicotine and the Kidney
- The Pregnant Kidney
- When to Refer to the Nephrologist
- Cardio-Renal Syndromes
- Proteinuria and the Nephrotic Syndrome
Who Should Attend:
Nephrologists, Primary Care Physicians, Allied Heath Professionals
Upon Completion of this activity, participants should be able to
- Identify when patients with CKD should be referred to a nephrologist & ways to forestall progression of kidney disease
- Define treatment strategies for patients receiving dialysis & to define differences between hemo- & peritoneal dialysis
- Differentiate physiologic from pathologic changes in kidney function during pregnancy
Understand the mechanisms of proteinuria and the effect that nephrotic syndrome has on systemic diseases.
- Discuss criteria for kidney transplantation, use of immunosuppressive medications & describe post transplant follow-up.
- Describe new clinical syndromes originating from use of e-cigarettes & how they may specifically affect kidney function
- Characterize the sequence of events contributing to the development of secondary hyperparathyroidism and explain the pathogenesis & management of mineral bone disorders in CKD
Ronald L. Mars, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL.