Update in Nephrology & Hypertension 2022 | Friday, March 11, 2022
This conference, presented by University of Florida Health Jacksonville, takes place virtually on March 11, 2022. This CME program is designed to improve the knowledge, competence and performance of healthcare providers engaged in the care of patients with renal disease. The presentations will provide educational materials which will allow participants to better understand disease processes in patients with renal disease.
Topics for presentation will include Management of Chronic Renal Failure, Cardio-renal Syndromes, The Pregnant Kidney, ABC’s of Kidney Stone Identification and Management, Kidney Transplantation Update for the “Beginner”, Secondary Hyperparathyroidism and Metabolic Bone Disease, How to Use Diuretics in the Outpatient Setting, and Diabetic Nephropathy – Pathophysiology & Newer Concepts in Management Therapy.
Who Should Attend:
Nephrologists, Primary Care Physicians, Allied Heath Professionals
As a result of participation in this activity, participants will be able to:
- Understand the available strategies for treating proteinuria and methods to help forestall progression of chronic kidney disease
- Identify the new paradigm in treating anemia of chronic kidney disease
- Understand development of metabolic bone disease and new strategies for treating secondary hyperparathyroidism
- Understand current recommendation and goals for diagnosing and treating hypertension
- Understand the current trends treating patients with kidney transplants
- Understanding newer concepts in pathophysiology and management of diabetic nephropathy
- Understanding physiologic differences & treatment strategies of cardio-renal syndromes
Ronald L. Mars, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL.